Increase security and privacy in your home by replacing doors without damaging the door or jamb with the HingeMate300™. By routing matching mortises for hinges, strike plates, and latch plates into the door and jamb, you won’t have to tear a hole in the wall just to hang a better wooden door.
Steel Template Frame
- Durable steel frame with adjustable cams allow for 1-3/4” and 1-3/8” door settings
- Can be mounted to both door and jamb
1/2” Router Bit Included
- Tip made of durable tungsten carbide
- Router bit with ball bearing eliminates the need for a bushing
- Contains templates needed to rout hinge, strike plate, and latch plate mortises
- Rotate template to achieve 5/8” radius or 1/4″ radius
*Some chiseling required for templates with square corners. CornerChisel™ sold separately.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product
Sets up quickly, works better then expected for the price.
Took about 10 min to figure out how this worked. After that hinge mortiseing is a snap. Highly recommend!!
I would have rated this otherwise excellent jig a lot higher but for the lack of precise registration marks to align the jig with measured hinge, strike, and latch plate placements. The plastic templates themselves have slotted tabs that could have worked, but these are on the outside of the template and can’t be aligned directly to a scored line on the door or jamb edge. Instead, one has to resort to cobbled solutions using small measuring tools to crudely transfer the template tab slot to the work and then eyeballing the placement. Might I suggest putting an alignment mark on the metal template holder, say at half the distance of the template widths? I’ll certainly do this myself by filing a groove at the appropriate location.